Industry standard high speed polisher. Heavy-duty variable speed (0-1,000/3,000 rpm) electronic polisher features a powerful 8.0 amp, 120V AC/DC, all ball-bearing motor for long life. Electronic module provides full power, even under load, from 1,000-3,000 rpm. Conveniently located variable speed dial lets you adjust speed for different materials and applications. Heat-treated, precision-cut gears for smooth operation. External brush caps for easy servicing and spindle lock for easy pad changing.
Heavy-duty 6 in. poilsher/sander with electronic variable speed. Variable speed from 4,300-6,800 opm provides greater control of material removal rate. Controlled Finishing System maintains pad speed and minimizes gouging during start up. Dual-plane counter-balanced fan reduces user fatigue. Sealed 100% ball-bearing construction. Accepts 6 in., 6-hole hook and loop paper. Rubber-coated gear case for low vibration operation.
The Porter-Cable 6 in. Variable Speed Random Orbit Polisher is packed with user-friendly features and has a random orbital motion that makes removing swirls, polishing paint and applying wax a breeze. Featuring a 4.5-Amp motor and electronic variable-speed dial that operates at 2500-6800 OPM, this polisher is suitable for professional or DIY projects and has multi-directional motion for faster operation and consistent motion for better results. Featuring a compact and lightweight design, the removable side handle allows improved control and versatility, who 100% ball/roller-bearing construction ensures lasting reliability.
Electronic Controller for Operator Convenience
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Constant speed control maintains constant speed under load
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups and less fling-off
- 3-prong plug to prevent static electricity accumulation
- Easily converts to a sander
- Fast and powerful polishing for clearcoat finishes
- Lock-on button for continuous use operation
- 8 mm orbital movement; 10-foot black power cord
- Permanent direct drive for an even polished surface
- If carbon brushes wear down, the motor will be automatically switched off and thus protected from damage
- High-powered motor: can handle extreme loads
- Spindle lock, removable, ergonomic knob grip
- Orbital rotation simulates the circular movement of the human hand while polishing, which is less likely to cause holograms than a rotary buffer
- Accelerator trigger switch and speed selection